27 de agosto de 2008

Josh Holloway Coulda Been Your Real Estate Agent


Josh Holloway, who plays hunky con man Sawyer on 'Lost', recently told Time magazine that he was like THISCLOSE to giving up his dreams of being a big Hollywood star and going off somewhere to sell real estate. Luckily, he landed his big break on the popular TV show.
Yet even with being a regular on Lost, he thinks his performances on the show are at times wobbly: "...I suck at it sometimes because I get confused."
When asked how he balances playing the complicated Sawyer, a man who is both callous and sensitive, Josh says, "It's been a nice evolution. I miss the simplicity of Sawyer's hard line -- when you're an ass, it's easy. [LOL] I like the subtleties of everything else, but I suck at it sometimes because I get confused."
One thing he does love is that he gets to keep his natural southern drawl (he grew up in Georgia) while playing Sawyer. Josh says, "By nature Southerners like to throw out sayings that help add a little comedy when something's not so comical. But I've got to get back to learning how to lose [the accent] again. For eight years in Hollywood, all I heard was 'get rid of that accent.'"
While Josh acknowledges that 'Lost' was his big break, he admits he thought success would happen to him a lot earlier than it did.
The 38-year-old actor says, "When I first started, I thought, 'I'm gonna be a big star.' Then eight years later, I was skeptical. [Laughs] I was going to move to the country, pursue real estate and be a forest ranger."
"My real estate license came in the mail three days before i booked 'Lost,' he says. "I thought, 'Wow, I'll file that.'"

No hay comentarios: